I finally found a pancake recipe that will work for both boys' allergies AND that tastes good. Both boys loved it! I found it at http://www.grouprecipes.com/.
1 cup rice flour
2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
a pinch of nutmeg and a bigger pinch of cinnamon
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup milk or soy milk or water
1 overripe banana
1. Mix all the dry ingredients.
2. Mash the banana with the milk and oil, then add to flour mix.
3. Stir well to combine, and let sit about 5 minutes while you heat up your griddle (or cast iron pan, or pan, or whatever).
4. Cook as you would pancakes, dropping about 1/4 c. at a time and wiggling the pan to spread.
5. Cook on each side, then spread with Nutella (or peanut butter, or syrup, or anything) and eat hot.
I believe this is the fourth or fifth pancake recipe I have tried and by far it has been the best. Hope you enjoy!